My primary focus as an acting teacher is scene study classes. While private coaching is of great benefit for that last-minute audition or for extra training, every actor should hone their skills in front of their peers on a weekly basis. Students are paired and assigned scenes – which they are expected to rehearse and prepare for class. In my classes, everyone participates every week. I believe that when actors places themselves into a class environment, they are challenging themselves to take more risks in a safe environment. It is in the class environment that we grow as better communicators, and are thereby better able to powerfully impact our audiences.
So you want to check out a class?
Here are a few things to expect:
- Small class sizes (10-12 max)
- Working every week (putting up a scene or performing an exercise)
- Classes run approximately 3 hours with a break.
- Students should arrive 15 minutes early to have a face to face time with Jeffrey, as we start promptly.
- There is a $15 audit fee, which may be put towards classes, should you choose to continue.
- You will witness great work with many take-aways, including greater respect for your chosen profession!
Are you interested in more information?
Every Monday evening from 7:00pm to 10:00pm
Every Tuesday evening from 7:00pm to 10:00pm
Every Wednesday from Noon to 3:00pm
Every Thursday from Noon to 3:00pm